Skip Go to menu
Help Icon

For the best experience, we recommend you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.

Apply for a resource consent

Use this form if you are applying for a:

  • land use resource consent
  • subdivision resource consent
  • streamworks (working within streams) consent
  • coastal permit
  • discharge permit
  • water permit.

Select all the options necessary to cover your proposal.

If you are applying for tree work only, use the Apply for resource consent - tree works application form.

All resource consents are subject to specific conditions. We will endeavour to seek your agreement to our conditions before approving your consent.

You need to pay a deposit when you submit this application, unless you are an approved credit customer. Payment options include credit or debit card, Online EFTPOS, or Account2Account. A card payment fee of 1.75 per cent will apply for credit or debit card payments.

Guidelines for consent applications

Before you apply, make sure:

  • you have the names and signatures of all trustees, if the application is in the name of a trust
  • you have a Record of Title, less than three months old (you can order one online at
  • you have an Assessment of Environmental Effects
  • documents are in PDF format, not locked or password protected
  • documents are less than 300MB and follow our file naming conventions
  • drawings are presented in landscape view.

Your cart is empty