Skip Go to menu
Help Icon

For the best experience, we recommend you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.

Apply for an engineering approval

Use this form for approval to do minor or major engineering works, such as:

  • public drainage
  • water or road works
  • create a new public park
  • engineering works that are a condition of an underlying resource or building consent.

You need to pay a deposit when you submit this application, unless you are an approved credit customer. Payment options include credit or debit card, Online EFTPOS, or Account2Account. A card payment fee of 1.75 per cent will apply for credit or debit card payments.


Guidelines for consent applications


Before you apply, make sure:

  • you have a signed acceptance of responsibility document from a chartered professional engineer, a registered engineering associate, a registered professional surveyor, or a suitably qualified and experienced person
  • documents are provided in PDF format, not locked or password protected
  • documents are less than 300MB and follow our file naming conventions
  • drawings are presented in landscape view.

Your cart is empty