Important - Please note Auckland Council will not be providing building consent and resource consent pre-application guidance, meetings between 15 December 2023 to 22 January 2024.
Apply for pre-application guidance
If you are planning a development that may need building consent, we recommend you use this form to engage with us before submitting your consent application.
You can request guidance for any of the following areas: building, recladding, certificate of acceptance and fire engineering design brief.
Guidelines for consent applications
Before you apply make sure:
- you can attach all documents to your request. The more information you provide allows us to give more in depth guidance on your project
- follow our file naming conventions
- file names cannot be longer than 50 characters
- supply documents in PDF format, not locked or password-protected and less than 300MB
- drawings must be in landscape view.
Fees will need to be paid when you submit this application unless you are an approved credit customer. Payment options include credit or debit card, Online EFTPOS, or Account2Account. A card payment fee of 1.75 per cent will apply for credit or debit card payments.
Your cart is empty