Request an exemption of building work under clause 2 of Schedule 1 of the Building Act
Use this form to request an exemption of building work that would normally require a building consent.
You will need to pay a fee when submitting this application, unless you are an approved credit customer. You can pay by either Account2Account or credit card (1.75 per cent convenience fee applies).
Guidelines for consent applications
To avoid processing delays and additional costs, make sure:
- all required information supplied is complete
- you have the owner’s written approval to act on their behalf (if applicable)
- you have body corporate agreement to apply (if applicable)
- you have evidence of ownership - a Certificate of Title (CT) that is less than three months old, a lease agreement, a sale and purchase agreement, or another suitable document (you can request a CT from us for a fee) or you can order one online at www.linz.govt.nz
- you have a Heritage New Zealand approval, if the proposed work involves a heritage building (for a list of heritage buildings, see Heritage New Zealand website)
- documents are provided in PDF format, not locked or password protected
- documents are less than 300MB and follow our file naming conventions
- drawings are presented in landscape view.
Your cart is empty