Request an exemption of building work under clause 2 of Schedule 1 of the Building Act
Use this form to request an exemption of building work that would normally require a building consent.
You need to pay a fee when you submit this application, unless you are an approved credit customer. Payment options include credit or debit card, Online EFTPOS, or Account2Account. A card payment fee of 1.75 per cent will apply for credit or debit card payments.
Guidelines for consent applications
To avoid processing delays and additional costs, make sure:
- all required information supplied is complete
- you have the owner’s written approval to act on their behalf (if applicable)
- you have body corporate agreement to apply (if applicable)
- you have evidence of ownership - a Record of title (RT) that is less than three months old, a lease agreement, a sale and purchase agreement, or another suitable document (you can request a RT from us for a fee) or you can order one online at www.linz.govt.nz
- you have a Heritage New Zealand approval, if the proposed work involves a heritage building (for a list of heritage buildings, see Heritage New Zealand website)
- documents are provided in PDF format, not locked or password protected
- documents are less than 300MB and follow our file naming conventions
- drawings are presented in landscape view.
Your cart is empty