Apply for a project information memorandum and / or building consent
Use this form to apply for:
- a residential or commercial building consent
- a project information memorandum (PIM)
- an Amendment to a building consent.
- a streamline building consent
Fees will need to be paid when submitting this application, unless you are an approved credit customer. You can pay by either Account2Account or credit card (1.75 per cent convenience fee applies).
Guidelines for consent applications
To avoid processing delays and additional costs, make sure:
- all relevant documentation has been supplied with your application
- the site plan information is clear and complete
- you have applied for a pre-application meeting if the proposed building work is subject to a claim under the financial assistance package (FAP) scheme
- documents are provided in PDF format, not locked or password protected
- documents are less than 300MB and follow our file naming conventions
- drawings are presented in landscape view
- you have the owner's written approval to act on their behalf (if applicable)
- you have evidence of ownership - either a Certificate of Title (CT) that is less than three months old, a lease agreement, a sale and purchase agreement, or another suitable document (you can request a CT from us for a fee) or you can order one online at www.linz.govt.nz
- you have body corporate agreement to apply (if applicable)
- you attach a completed lodgement checklist with your application.
Your cart is empty