Skip Go to menu
Help Icon

For the best experience, we recommend you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.

Apply for building and planning certificates for alcohol licensing

Use this form to apply for a certificate to show that the proposed use of the premises meets the requirements of the Resource Management Act and the Building Code. 

This application is for both a building and a planning certificate.

You need to pay a fee when you submit this application, unless you are an approved credit customer. Payment options include credit or debit card, Online EFTPOS, or Account2Account. A card payment fee of 1.75 per cent will apply for credit or debit card payments.


Guidelines for consent applications


 Before you apply make sure:

  • all required information supplied is complete
  • documents are in PDF format, not locked or password protected
  • documents are less than 300MB and follow our file naming conventions
  • drawings are presented in landscape view
  • you have the owner's written approval to act on their behalf (if applicable)
  • if the applicant is a trust, you will have the names and signatures of all trustees
  • you attach a Certificate of Title (CT) that is less than three months old, (you can request a CT from us for a fee) or you can order one online at

Your cart is empty